"I found The Joker's psyche disturbing, his dementia alarming - and his charm irresistible! What can I tell ya? The guy just did it for me."---Harley Quinn

Thursday, December 12, 2013

I'm Just Lookin For Some Tush

There are times when my brain just does not want to listen to me when writing a story and decides 'Hey I know you're not done with this book but lets write a scene three books into this series' Yea, cause thats what I needed on my plate, a scene out of nowhere that relies on certain facts to be established in books I havent finished, havent started, and havent even contemplated the plots of. Why, oh why, brain, must you torment me so? I obviously write the scene because I dont want to forget it and lose it and then berate myself for the loss of what could possibly be a great scene. The sequel to Haven is almost completely finished simply because there were so many scenes (some I didnt even know where meant for it that just started out as random ideas and I found fit well with the storyline I had already established) flooding my brain that I had to get them out. Then of course because they were there I stitched them together with other scenes. My brain began to say 'Well how would you get from this one to the next?' and I couldnt refuse because, fuck, I was curious too! AND THEN! This son of a bitch brain of mine decided it already had a new character it wanted to introduce at the end of the second Haven book, but oh, wait for it-the full character couldnt be explained until THE NEXT BOOK! Thats right. I fucking started a third novel. So I have one in the midst of its second draft edit. Another that is almost finished except for the third act. And then a third book in its outline stages. And to put a perfect piece of shit cherry on top of the fuck all that is my brain, I wrote a scene today that I know cant go into any of those three because its too soon in the timeline. So whats that mean? Yup, you guessed it. I have a scene that needs to fit somewhere in a fourth or fifth book. *Flips table* Just fuck my life and the imaginary worlds I create.

No comments:

Post a Comment